Thursday, June 23, 2011

It's good.

All day, I've been trying to sum up how I feel about Los Angeles.

While at a concert last weekend, a song I heard kind of triggered every feeling and emotion I've felt over the last three weeks, just about.

I'm just a girl with crazy dreams that / never end up how they seem but / I like that mystery of love and trust and you and me / it's good / everything will turn out like it should / I know that I'm gonna get it a little bit right, a little bit wrong / still I'm gonna sing my song / it's good, so good / like it should be.

This song has become my life (thank you, Katelyn Tarver).

I know I'm going to get some things right. I know I'm definitely going to do some things wrong. But I know that in the end, things will turn out how they should. Maybe they won't be what I thought they would.

But really, in the end, is anything how we ever thought it would be? Does everything turn out like we had originally planned?

In the 9th grade I planned that I would move to a new city with my family, make all new friends and be popular because I could be. I would be popular because I had a fresh start--a new slate.

That dream fell a part when I showed up at the first football game with my new found popular friends and they shoved a beer at my hands and dared me to chug it. My 'dream' suddenly changed from being one of the popular kids to finding real friends; friends that wouldn't pick on me for my morals.

I found a quote online today that I thought fit this pretty well. "Dreams are like stars...you may never touch them, but if you follow them they will lead you to your destiny."

So no, I don't know that my ultimate dreams I hold close to my heart will ever come true. But these are the things I do know:

I know that I started my path in following them when I decided to take this journey to California.
I know that I'm happy here.
And I know that somehow, someway everything will turn out as it should.

Whether that means staying in California or going some place new or going back to Florida. This was just the first step in a trail of many, and I'm excited to see just where that trail decides to go.

:)

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment